Topic: Single Trendline for multiple datasets
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 23, 2013 4:18 PM

dpb

Re: Single Trendline for multiple datasets

On 1/23/2013 3:03 PM, Charlotte wrote:
> TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message
> <5ee51095-fef4-4353-8f44-4474a719180f@googlegroups.com>...

>> On Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:24:08 AM UTC+13, Charlotte wrote:
>> > I have a plot with multiple datasets plotted, and would like to plot
>> on top a single trendline for all the datasets - is there an easy way
>> to do this?
>>
>> 1. Assemble all the data into two vectors, x and y
>> x=[x1(:);x2(:); etc ];

> thank you very much for your reply - I get an error on the coef line:
> ??? Error using ==> horzcat
> CAT arguments dimensions are not consistent.

> so my y vector will be something like [332.456 345.321 234.543 453.456,
> etc.]
> and my x will be [1 2 1 2, etc.]
>
> any help much appreciated!

Looks like you didn't use column vectors...if you have row vectors,
transpose them and concatenate vertically as Tideman's example...then
the dimensions/orientation should be fine.

If that doesn't do it, post specifics of what you did and your data
sizes/shapes.