Topic: Calendar formula for 2nd Wednesday of each successive month
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 12:21 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Re: Calendar formula for 2nd Wednesday of each successive month

On Jan 24, 10:51 pm, Archimedes Plutonium
<plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The last time I wrote about a calendar curiosity was
> when I asked how many calendar years do I need in order to not have to
> buy a new calendar. And the answer is 7, if we ignore leap years. The
> answer is 7 because I need only 7 calendars that start the january 1st
> with one of the seven days of the week. If I have those, I need not
> buy any new calendar.
>
> But now I have a new calendar question, sort of a reversal of the 7
> calendars. I am receiving social security checks every 2nd wednesday
> of the month.
> So the question is, what math formula can be written that tells me how
> many days in each month, starting January of 2013 for the next ten
> years, how many days in each month that I have to wait for the check.
>
> For example, January 2013, the first wednesday was 2nd and the second
> wednesday was the 9th which means I had to wait 9 days for Jan 2012 to

2013, not 2012

> receive the check. Now Feb 2012, the first wednesday is 6th and the

again 2013

> second wednesday is the 13th so I have to wait 13 days.
>
> So far I have this:
> 2013
> Jan wait 9
> Feb wait 13
> .
> .
> .
>
> So what is the formula that gives me those numbers without consulting
> a calendar? Here I would have to include leap years.
>
> And it is obvious that the numbers have a lower limit of 7 and a upper

lower limit is 8, not 7