Topic: How to read stackexchange.math ?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 25, 2013 2:53 PM

David Bernier

Re: How to read stackexchange.math ?

On 01/24/2013 09:45 PM, Michael Press wrote:
> In article<50FFF91B.BB0D27F8@btinternet.com>,
> Frederick Williams<freddywilliams@btinternet.com> wrote:
>

>> David Bernier wrote:
>>

>>> I heard that a survey of medical doctors showed anaesthesia as
>>> one of the top advances in medicine, according to
>>> the doctors ...

>> Recently in a UK survey, the safe disposal of human ordure and the
>> provision of potable water were voted the things most beneficial to
>> human health that had occurred in the last 200 years. (I may not have
>> recalled correctly the 200, but something like that.)

> I always thought so. That and a public health service with authority.

From an article in The Atlantic:

"In 2007, when the British Medical Journal asked subscribers to name the
most-significant medical developments since 1840, anesthesia was among
the top three, along with antibiotics and modern sanitation."

Ref..:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/01/awakening/309188/?single_page=true

David Bernier

--
dracut:/# lvm vgcfgrestore
File descriptor 9 (/.console_lock) leaked on lvm invocation. Parent PID