Topic: Matheology § 198
Replies: 40   Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 6:54 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 198

On 25 Jan., 08:41, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 8:32 am, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > They cannot of course. Both have exactly the same levels and the same
> > > nodes.

> > > They can of course be distinguished.
>
> > > In one case you do not include infinite subsets.
> > > In the other you do.

> > My question aimed at the posiibility to distinguish the Binary Trees
> > by a mathematical criterion, namely that one that is applied in the
> > diagonal argument. Of course you have understood that.

> > That does not hinder you to believe in addition in matheological
> > concepts that cannot be based on mathematical facts like nodes,
> > levels, or digits.

> Nope.  The concept is based on nodes, and levels.

How do you express actual infinity by means of nodes or levels?
Try it.
Write a sequence like xxxxxxxxxx... and do never stop.
Tell me when you have expressed an infinite sequence.

> We can use the same set of nodes to make two collections of
> sets of nodes.  One collection contains all sets of nodes, X, with
> the property that there is a node in X with a level greater or
> equal to that of any other node in X.
> The other collection contains all sets of nodes, Y, with the property
> that there is no node in Y with a level greater or equal to that of
> any other node Y.

No. You cannot express the latter by nodes and levels. If you don't
believe me, try it.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
1/24/13