Topic: Matheology § 198
Replies: 40   Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 6:54 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 198

In article
<1d90dc99-c55e-49a4-96f8-99c1232e87b8@4g2000yqv.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 25 Jan., 08:41, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > My question aimed at the posiibility to distinguish the Binary Trees
> > > by a mathematical criterion, namely that one that is applied in the
> > > diagonal argument. Of course you have understood that.

> > > That does not hinder you to believe in addition in matheological
> > > concepts that cannot be based on mathematical facts like nodes,
> > > levels, or digits.

> > Nope.  The concept is based on nodes, and levels.

> How do you express actual infinity by means of nodes or levels?
> Try it.
> Write a sequence like xxxxxxxxxx... and do never stop.

It is the knowledge that it never stops that makes it NOT FINITE.
It is also the knowledge that no finite initial segment of natural
numbers (fison) surjects onto it that makes it infinite.

> Tell me when you have expressed an infinite sequence.

Tell me when you can surject a fison onto it.

> > We can use the same set of nodes to make two collections of
> > sets of nodes.  One collection contains all sets of nodes, X, with
> > the property that there is a node in X with a level greater or
> > equal to that of any other node in X.
> > The other collection contains all sets of nodes, Y, with the property
> > that there is no node in Y with a level greater or equal to that of
> > any other node Y.

> No. You cannot express the latter by nodes and levels. If you don't
> believe me, try it.

We have already done so to our own satisfaction, by showing that no
fison surjects onto any a path ( as a sequnce of nodes) in a real

--

Date Subject Author
1/24/13
Read Matheology § 198