Topic: Unable to use 'biograph' function in Matlab R2011a
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 25, 2013 1:00 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Unable to use 'biograph' function in Matlab R2011a

"Joseph " <njdevs55@gmail.com> wrote in message
> While attempting to use 'biograph' function an error is returned; the
> function can not be found.
>
> Example: (http://www.mathworks.com/help/bioinfo/ref/biograph.html)

As the URL indicates, BIOGRAPH is part of Bioinformatics Toolbox.

> cm = [0 1 1 0 0;1 0 0 1 1;1 0 0 0 0;0 0 0 0 1;1 0 1 0 0];
> bg1 = biograph(cm)
> Biograph object with 5 nodes and 9 edges.
> get(bg1.nodes,'ID')
>
> Error: "??? Undefined function or method 'biograph' for input arguments of
> type 'double'."
>
> When I type "help biograph"... it responds with "biograph not found".
>
> I am using Matlab R2011a. Do I need a different version to use 'biograph'?

No, but you do need to have Bioinformatics Toolbox installed and licensed.
The first of that you can check using the VER function; the latter you'll
want to speak to whomever maintains your license. If you're in charge of
maintaining your license, contact MathWorks Sales. If you're using the
Student Version it is available as an add-on product.

http://www.mathworks.com/academia/student_version/companion.html

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com