Topic: Geometry Question
Replies: 11   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 12:26 PM

Westendorf, Neal

RE: White Boards Promethean vs SMART
att1.html (8.9 K)

We have several activ boards but they are all wall mounted. They were purchased several years ago from a grant. They seem to work fine. They have their own quirks to be sure but minimal trouble that I am aware of. My own pet peeve is that I have to convert my word files to pdf and then use the camera tool to paste them into the active studio program in order to be able to write on them and save them. A colleague recently told me that I can write on PowerPoint files. I am thinking of trying to convert word to PP for display. The SMART boards don't require this work around as near as I know. We have both systems here at TaconicHills. Likely each system has its pros and cons.

Neal

From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Robert Orchanian
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 6:10 AM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: White Boards Promethean vs SMART

Hi All:

My school purchased the top of the line mobile Promethean Board last year.

We've had a huge amount of problems that, after multiple visits, are still not fixed.

Apparently, we should have bought SMART boards.

Has anybody else had problems with Promethean?

If so, were you able to get them fixed?

Thanks,

Rob
From: wtozzo1841@bcsdny.org<mailto:wtozzo1841@bcsdny.org>
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org<mailto:nyshsmath@mathforum.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 08:26:37 -0500
Subject: RE: Algebra 2 Trig Regents
We noticed it Joe. I don't recall other times when that has happened.

Bill