Topic: Matheology § 198
Replies: 40   Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 6:54 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 198

In article
<d93a7d1e-6b51-4db9-a79b-aa29792e73ca@x18g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 25 Jan., 09:26, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
>

> > > How do you express actual infinity by means of nodes or levels?
> > > Try it.
> > > Write a sequence like xxxxxxxxxx... and do never stop.

> > It is the knowledge that it never stops that makes it NOT FINITE.

To have extra knowledge beyond what WM has is a necessary qualification
for every true mathematician, and a lot of non-matjematicians, for that
matter.

> Yes you need some external "knowledge" or better say trust in
> matheology.

If "matheology" is what goes on outside Wolkenmuekenheim, we should all
learn it.

> > It is also the knowledge that no finite initial segment of natural
> > numbers (fison) surjects onto it that makes it infinite.

> That is correct in every case. The reason could be that N does not
> exist as something completed.

It exists as a completed idea, which is a much existence as anything
purely mathematical has.

> > > Tell me when you have expressed an infinite sequence.
> >
> > Tell me when you can surject a fison onto it.

> I am fairly sure that I can surject a FISON on that sequence that you
> may have produced today, even if you have started very early.

WM is often fairly sure of his ability, but his claims far exceed his
grasp of mathematics.

> > > No. You cannot express the latter by nodes and levels. If you don't
> > > believe me, try it.

> > We have already done so to our own satisfaction, by showing that no
> > fison surjects onto any a path ( as a sequnce of nodes) in a real
> > Complete Infinite Binary Tree

> So the complete infinite paths must extend beyond every finit path in
> the tree?

Just like |N exceeds every FISON.

|N is essentially a Complete Infinite Unary Tree.

And if the tree contains only all finite paths, then we have
> something like the bed of Procrustes. What shall we do? Cut the tails
> that are too long? I would be glad to do so, but I have never seen
> any. Perhaps it is only an apparition of matheology if you see such
> tails?

Just as outside of Wolkenmuekenheim there can be a union of all FISONS
which is an infinite path in a Complete Infinite Unary Tree, unions of
nested sequences of finite sets of rooted node chains form paths .
--

Date Subject Author
1/24/13
Read Matheology § 198