Topic: Matheology § 198
Replies: 40   Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 6:54 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 198

In article
<3e2a64f8-3cf0-478a-8411-2db261dbc8d5@u7g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 25 Jan., 09:20, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Of course, nothing however that could be diagonalized in a Cantor-list
> > > or could be the result of diagonalization.

> > Why not?  The diagonalization of a list with finite description is a
> > finite
> > desciption.

> The diagonalization of finite descriptions does not necessarily supply
> a description at all.

Maybe not in Wolkenmuekenheim, but then no one but WM ever works there.

> Of interest is this: If the same set of
> nodes has to describe both, the Binary Tree with finite paths and that
> with infinite paths, then it is impossible to discern, alone by nodes,
> whether we work in the former or the latter.

There is no such thing as a Complete Infinite Binary Tree with finite
paths.

At least not according to any standard definition of Complete Infinite
Binary Trees.

A path in any binary tree of the sort being considered, a Complete
Infinite Binary Tree, is, by definition, necessarily maximal, in that no
node can be appended to any path and still have a path in that tree. and
so none of WM's finite chains of nodes in a CIBT can be a maximal
chain, thus also never a path, as there is always a child of its last
node which can be added to it making a longer but still finite chain of
nodes.

> Hence I can assert

No you cannot, since your basic assumptions about Complete Infinite
Binary Trees are proved false.
--

Date Subject Author
1/24/13