Topic: G_delta
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 3:50 AM

William Elliot

Re: G_delta

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013, Butch Malahide wrote:

> > You've proven all of this and yet claim you don't know (point set)
> > topology?

> What I meant was that I've forgotten what little I ever knew about the
> *advanced* or *difficult* parts of general topology. Obviously, I can
> still do the easy and trivial stuff we've been discussing in this
> thread.

I've seen enough of your not so trivial proofs to think you're a professor
and noticing the topics to which you most often reply, I'd say your
speciality is set theory.

What do you consider difficult? Every GO space is a subspace of a linear
ordered space; complementation of the lattice of topogies; Rudin's
theorem that a space is compact, monotonically normal iff it's the
continuous image of some compact linear order space; space filling
curves; Brouwer's work?

Anyway, your replies have been enjoyable for their mathematical
excellence.