Topic: Matheology § 200
Replies: 40   Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 7:33 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 200

On 26 Jan., 13:06, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 12:52 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > Correct.   But counter-intuitive does not mean contradictory.
> > > Outside of Wolkenmeukenheim, the limit of cardinalites is not
> > > necessarily equal to the cardinality of the limit.-

Aside: Of course this nonsense shows already that set theory is such.
A limit is the continuation of the finite into the infinite. But that
is not used in my proof.

> > Obviously you have not yet understood?
> > In my proof the cardinality of the limit in set theory and the
> > cardinality of the limit in analysis are different.

> Nope In analysis you take the cardinalities
> of a sequence of sets, i.e. take a sequence of numbers,
> and calculate a limit.  However, this limit is not the
> cardinality of a limit set.
> In anylysis you calculate
> the limit of the cardinalities not the cardinality of
> the limit.-

You are not well informed. Read my proof again (and again, if
necessary, until you will have understood, if possible): In analysis
you calculate the limit. This limit contains numbers or (in the
reduced case of my proof) bits 0 and 1. The number of theses bits is
the cardinality of the limit.
In set theory it is similar. The number of bits in the limit set is
the cardinality of the limit set. And that is oo in analysis and it is
empty in set theory.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
1/26/13