Topic: Matheology § 200
Replies: 40   Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 7:33 PM

William Hughes

Re: Matheology § 200

On Jan 26, 1:54 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> On 26 Jan., 13:06, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Obviously you have not yet understood?
> > > In my proof the cardinality of the limit in set theory and the
> > > cardinality of the limit in analysis are different.

> > Nope In analysis you take the cardinalities
> > of a sequence of sets, i.e. take a sequence of numbers,
> > and calculate a limit.  However, this limit is not the
> > cardinality of a limit set. In anylysis you calculate
> > the limit of the cardinalities not the cardinality of
> > the limit.-

> In order to correct your mistake, here are the details. In my proof we
> have:
> 1) The limit of the cardinals in set theory: aleph_0
> 2) The cardinality of the limit in set theory: 0

Note that the cardinality of the limit is
not equal to the limit of the cardinals.

> 3) The limit of the number of digits in analysis: oo

This is the limit of the cardinals.

Since the limit of the cardinals does not equal the
cardinality of the limit, there is no reason the number
of digits in the cardinality of the limit should be the
same as the number of digits in the limit of the cardinals.

Date Subject Author
1/26/13
Read Matheology § 200
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de