Topic: change of tick intervals
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 3:05 PM

dpb

Re: change of tick intervals

On 1/26/2013 10:33 AM, gati wrote:
> hi! I m getting a graph whose y axis limits are from 0 to 10^8 having
> tick intervals of 1*10^8. Now as my one function plots around 10^8 and
> other somewhere at 10^6. The second function is not visible as the first
> limit starts from 10^8. So i want to change the limits from 10^0 to 10^8
> having tick intervals of 10^2. So please help me. I have also tried to
> use - set(gca,'ylim',[0 10^8],
> 'ytick',[0:10^2:10^8],'yticklabel',[0:10^2:10^8]) but this could'nt worked.

Won't matter what the tick marks are; the scale difference will be too
great to see the smaller range on the same axis as the larger...

I see two alternatives--

a) semilogx()

b) use separate x-axes (essentially plotyy excepting it would be plotxx)
See the documentation for samples on 'using multiple axes'