Topic: Setting parameters via Manipulate?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 8:46 PM

Bob Hanlon

Re: Setting parameters via Manipulate?

fixedSettings = {
{a -> a1, b -> b1, c -> c1, d -> d1},
{a -> a2, b -> b2, c -> c2, d -> d2},
{a -> a3, b -> b3, c -> c3, d -> d3},
{a -> a4, b -> b4, c -> c4, d -> d4},
{a -> a5, b -> b5, c -> c5, d -> d5}};

Manipulate[
Column[{
StringForm[
"a = `1`, b = `2`, c = `3`,
d = `4`, e = `5`, g = `6`",
a, b, c, d, e, g],
"\n",
f[a, b, c, d, e, g]
}] /.
fixedSettings[[ParameterSet]],
Control[
{{ParameterSet, 1, "Select\nParameter Set"},
Thread[Range[5] -> fixedSettings],
ControlType -> PopupMenu}],
Control[
{{e, Pi/2, "Select e"}, Range[-Pi, Pi, Pi/4],
ControlType -> PopupMenu}],
{{g, 0, "Set g"}, -5, 5, 1,
Appearance -> "Labeled"}]

Bob Hanlon