Topic: Matheology § 200
Replies: 40   Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 7:33 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 200

In article
<d9cbdc08-778c-4b2a-8c8a-3b0592bf0d48@u7g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 26 Jan., 13:06, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Aside: Of course this nonsense shows already that set theory is such.
> A limit is the continuation of the finite into the infinite. But that
> is not used in my proof.

I know of no such definition of any limit process.

> > > Obviously you have not yet understood?

Why bother to understand nonsense?

> > > In my proof the cardinality of the limit in set theory and the
> > > cardinality of the limit in analysis are different.

Your proof, as usual, is only valid in your own private world of
Wolkenmuekenheim

> > Nope In analysis you take the cardinalities
> > of a sequence of sets, i.e. take a sequence of numbers,
> > and calculate a limit.  However, this limit is not the
> > cardinality of a limit set.
> > In anylysis you calculate
> > the limit of the cardinalities not the cardinality of
> > the limit.-

> You are not well informed. Read my proof again (and again, if
> necessary, until you will have understood, if possible): In analysis
> you calculate the limit. This limit contains numbers or (in the
> reduced case of my proof) bits 0 and 1. The number of theses bits is
> the cardinality of the limit.

Then, according to WM, lim_(n -> oo) 1/n must have infinitely many bits.

> In set theory it is similar. The number of bits in the limit set is
> the cardinality of the limit set. And that is oo in analysis and it is
> empty in set theory.

Only in Wolkenmuekenheim.

--

Date Subject Author