Topic: Matheology § 200
Replies: 40   Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 7:33 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 200

In article
<ebcd3b95-b93a-4410-bd7c-f12ee4c05e4a@u16g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 26 Jan., 16:08, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Aside: Of course this nonsense shows already that set theory is such.
> > > A limit is  the continuation of the finite into the infinite. But that
> > > is not used in my proof.

> > > You are not well informed. Read my proof again (and again, if
> > > necessary, until you will have understood, if possible): In analysis
> > > you calculate the limit. This limit contains numbers or (in the
> > > reduced case of my proof) bits 0 and 1.

> > Nope. The limit is a single number. In analysis there is no
> > limit set.-

> Like to drop logic? Nobody can hinder you.

We have no desire to follow you down that primrose path.

> In analysis the limit is a single number, not a real though, that
> consists of infinitely many indexed digits.

Since in analysis every real number is limit and every such limit that
actually exists as a real is a real, WM is saying that every real
"consists of infinitely many indexed digits".

> In analysis the set of
> indices can be calculated.
> Even if William Hughes tries to forbid that.

In analysis, most of the time there is no point to calculating any "set
of indices", even if one knew what indices WM was referring to.
--

Date Subject Author
1/26/13
Read Matheology § 200