Topic: matlab version and "for" loops
Replies: 15   Last Post: Feb 13, 2013 4:53 PM

Candace

Re: matlab version and "for" loops

"Jessica " <jly5@duke.edu> wrote in message <kdmql8$n4i$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <kdlt80$st0$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Here is a simple example, feel free to adapt to your case:
> >
> > GazeType={'Delete' 'Keep' 'Fruit' 'Delete' 'Benzen'}
> > Picture={'Image' 'Picasso' 'Matisse' 'Dali' 'You'}
> > Data = 1:5
> >
> > delete_b = strcmp(GazeType,'Delete') & ~strcmp(Picture,'Image');
> > Data(delete) = []
> >
> > % Bruno

> This is much faster-- thanks for the tip!

And, one other question. If I want to do the same as above except delete based on numbers, how would I do that? If I do:

delete_b = GazeType(GazeType>10)

it only lists the numbers that are greater than 10 and I therefore cannot delete those rows.