Topic: Matheology § 200
Replies: 40   Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 7:33 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 200

In article
<992831a0-de7b-4739-9035-1a277b97d17c@r14g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 26 Jan., 23:24, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <fde5d8dc-6b0f-44ec-aaec-a585f1bb5...@f6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > In order to correct your mistake, here are the details. In my proof we
> > > have:
> > > 1) The limit of the cardinals in set theory: aleph_0
> > > 2) The cardinality of the limit in set theory: 0
> > > 3) The limit of the number of digits in analysis: oo

> > Then those "numbers of digits" cannot be cardinal numbers, but real
> > numbers.
> >

> > > 4) The number of digits of the limit in analysis: oo
> >
> > Then those "numbers of digits" cannot be cardinal numbers, but real
> > numbers.

> On the contrary. The digits form a set of positions indexed by natural
> ordinal numbers. The number of the set of ordinal is a cardinal
> number.

But "oo" is a part of the extended reals, not a cardinal. The cardinal
is aleph_0, the ordinal is omega, but neither of then is the limit of
any real function.
--

Date Subject Author
1/26/13