Topic: matlab version and "for" loops
Replies: 15   Last Post: Feb 13, 2013 4:53 PM

Candace

Re: matlab version and "for" loops

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <ke2bbi$98i$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 1/26/2013 4:50 PM, Jessica wrote:
> > "Jessica " <jly5@duke.edu> wrote in message
> > <kdmql8$n4i$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> >> "Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message
> >> <kdlt80$st0$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > And, one other question. If I want to do the same as above except delete
> > based on numbers, how would I do that? If I do:
> >
> > delete_b = GazeType(GazeType>10)
> >
> > it only lists the numbers that are greater than 10 and I therefore
> > cannot delete those rows.

> Generalize the rule Bruno illustrated--
>
> GazeType(GazeType>10)=[];
>
> --

Unfortunately, this won't quite work because I am trying to delete rows within larger data sets:

First, I isolate the column I am interested in:

RemoveColumn3=Total4(:, 11);

Then I wanted to generate a variable (just like I did above when the value was a string), that indicates the rows to be deleted (which are greater than 10).

And then, delete those specific rows within 2 datasets:
Total4(delete) = []
Target4(delete) = []