Topic: Matheology § 201
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 2:26 PM

Jesse F. Hughes

Re: Matheology S 201

WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:

> On 27 Jan., 17:56, "Jesse F. Hughes" <je...@phiwumbda.org> wrote:
>> William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> writes:

>> > It does imply that there is a diagonal that differs
>> > from each line.   We start by noting that if a list L has a finite
>> > definition, so does the antidiagonal of L, call it l.  By induction we
>> > show that l differs from each line of L.

>> Frankly, it seems to me that induction is utterly unnecessary.
>>
>> Once we define the anti-diagonal, it is a triviality to show that it
>> differs from each line of L.
>>
>> A minor point, perhaps.

> It the list is complete with respect to all terminating decimals, what
> is possible, then the anti-diagonal cannot differ from all lines at
> finite places.

I wasn't trying to enter a second discussion with you. I just wanted
to raise a minor point with William.

I'd prefer to keep to one conversation at a time with you, so that
we can focus on a single point of contention.

--
Jesse F. Hughes
"Disney has now succeeded in preventing anyone from doing to Mickey

Date Subject Author
1/27/13
Read Matheology § 201
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de