Topic: change of tick intervals
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 3:05 PM

dpb

Re: change of tick intervals

On 1/27/2013 1:18 PM, gati wrote:
> dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <ke13g0$bk7$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
>> On 1/26/2013 10:33 AM, gati wrote:
>> > hi! I m getting a graph whose y axis limits are from 0 to 10^8 having
>> > tick intervals of 1*10^8. Now as my one function plots around 10^8 and
>> > other somewhere at 10^6. The second function is not visible as the

>> first
>> > limit starts from 10^8. So i want to change the limits from 10^0 to
>> 10^8
>> > having tick intervals of 10^2. So please help me. I have also tried to
>> > use - set(gca,'ylim',[0 10^8],
>> > 'ytick',[0:10^2:10^8],'yticklabel',[0:10^2:10^8]) but this could'nt

>> worked.
>>
>> Won't matter what the tick marks are; the scale difference will be too
>> great to see the smaller range on the same axis as the larger...
>>
>> I see two alternatives--
>>
>> a) semilogx()
>>
>> b) use separate x-axes (essentially plotyy excepting it would be
>> plotxx) See the documentation for samples on 'using multiple axes'
>>
>> --Thanks, but now the graph shows below limit 0, now how to ignore
>> negative limits.

I see somehow I got off on x-axis rather than y but same idea...

Well, if you have numeric values <0 but of such different magnitudes try
plotyy(). Log() exists only for x>0.

A _short_ sample of the data you're trying to plot might help if there's
something unusual not explained going on here...