Topic: Matheology § 201
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 2:26 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 201

In article
<2168fc78-aba6-417a-bc26-a52bb05cefc9@v5g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 27 Jan., 14:12, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 27, 10:40 am, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> >  <snip>
> >
> > <... |N contains more than all (finite initial segments)
> >
> > Piffle. |N does not contain more that all FISONS
> > nor has anyone claimed this.
> >
> > the correct statement is
> >
> >   For every initial seqment f, there is an element of |N, n(f)
> >   such that n(f) is not in f.  (note that n(f) may change if you
> > change
> >   f)
> >
> > However,
> >
> >   for ever n(f) there is an initial segment g
> >   such that g contains n(f)

> Of course. But these all are relative definitions. As I said, it is
> impossible to define infinity absolutely. Same is valid for Cantor's
> diagonal: For every line n, there is an initial segment of the
> diagonal that differs from the first n lines. But that does not imply
> that there is a diagonal that differs from all lines. The latter,
> however, is claimed to follow.

And does so everywhere but in Wolkenmuekenheim.

In his Wolkenmuekenheim, WM claims that one can have something true for
each member of |N without having it true for every member of |N.
--

Date Subject Author
1/27/13
Read Matheology § 201