Topic: About inheritance in Matlab
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 9:58 AM

Steven Lord

Re: About inheritance in Matlab

"Alafm " <abdoulaye-gory@edu.em-lyon.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I want to implement my own class "GriddedInterpolant" in order to execute
> some tasks faster. Indeed, the matlab class "Gridded Interpolant" is quite
> fast but I want to change some extrapolation properties for example &
> other stuffs. I have noticed that the implementation of this class is not
> available and the inhéritance is not allowed for this class. When trying
> to create my own class from the Matlab one, the following error occurs :
> "Class griddedInterpolant is sealed and may not be used as a superclass".
> Is there any mean to tackle this issue & to use some specific properties
> of this class for my own purpose?

Since it's Sealed you cannot subclass it. The best you could do would be to
create your own class that contains a GriddedInterpolant object and write
methods that simply call the appropriate GriddedInterpolant methods after
doing your special extrapolation handling.

If you feel that your modifications would be of use to others, feel free to
submit your suggestions to Technical Support as enhancement requests.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com