Topic: Pop quiz on standardized testing
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 8:51 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Pop quiz on standardized testing

Jerry Becker posted Jan 29, 2013 4:24 AM:

> *******************************
> From The Answer Sheet [By Valerie Strauss], The
> Washington Post, Wednesday, January 16, 2013. See
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/20
> 13/01/16/pop-quiz-on-standardized-testing/
> Pop quiz on standardized testing

<SNIP: 6 questions AND the answer choices).
> [The correct answer to all of the questions is "All
> of the above."]

Remarkably enough, I had intuited, by the time I had read the 3rd question, that the correct answers to the questions would, in each case, be "All of the above". This despite the fact that I am from India, and have no experience or understanding of the US educational situation beyond what I read here and elsewhere on the Internet. I am not even a teacher!

I do not know whether this remarkable result came about because of my readings at Math-teach etc or because of the way the questions were designed.

GSC