Topic: BENCH on Sun Ultra 10 or PII-350 or 400 ???
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 17, 1998 9:11 AM

SGJ4ASIT

Re: BENCH on Sun Ultra 10 or PII-350 or 400 ???

>J.H. Steele wrote:
>>
>> We're planning on buying one of the two above workstations, and I'd like
>> to know which one is better at MATLAB. I would appreciate any bench.m
>> results and/or opinions regarding these two machines. If you've a
>> Pentium II 350 or 400, please post what OS along with (if possible) the
>> chipset your PC uses (or make/model).

>Hi,
>
>here are my results for a SUN Ultra 10 under Solaris 2.6
>
>0.8180 0.6486 0.7220 1.3386 0.8627
>
>and the corresponding results for a Pentium II 300 MHz (sorry, no 350 or
>400 MHz machine available) under Linux:
>
>0.7339 0.5390 0.6868 1.5876 0.8512
>
>Both tested with Matlab 5.2.1. Except for the 3D graphics the PC
>performs very well (PC: Matrox Millenium II AGP 4MB, SUN: Creator 3D),
>but it costs about 50% of the SUNs price.

pentium2 333, 128mb ram, 8mb vram, matlab 5.2.1, nt4.0:

.70 .55 .66 2.50 1.30

the big advantage of course, is that the intel machines cost 1/4
the price of the sun...

steve (a firm believer in intel/mswin over unix)

--
there is water!
at the bottom of the ocean!

- talking heads