Topic: Generate perms([1:1:36])
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 4:48 PM

matt dash

Re: Generate perms([1:1:36])

"Sam" wrote in message <ke9ars$h1d$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi all,
> I am trying to created a matrix that contains all possible permutations of [1:1:36]. It is obvious that this is too large a matrix. One option is to divide the huge matrix into many smaller pieces. But if I do not know how large a matrix will be, it would not be possible to have matlab divide it. Does anyone know what I can do in this case?
> Thanks,
> Sam

It's hard to say without knowing what you plan on doing with them once you have them. But I'm sure you could write/download a function to generate them one at a time in a loop. It's such an absurdly large number though I really cant think of anything practical to do with this information....