Topic: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Replies: 76   Last Post: Feb 1, 2013 6:57 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician

On 30 Jan., 02:26, "W. Dale Hall" <wdh...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> david petry wrote:
>

> > Doron Zeilberger wrote the following in an opinion piece on his website:
>
> > "Read Wolfgang Mueckenheim's fascinating book ! I especially like the bottom
>
>  > of page 112 and the top of page 113, that prove, once and for all,
> that (at least)
>

> > the actual infinity is pure nonsense."
>
> >http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~zeilberg/Opinion68.html
>
> > I'd be interested in seeing an English translation of the bottom of page 112 and the top of page 113.
>
> I suppose you missed the statement that immediately followed that:
>
>         Clarification added Aug. 25, 2011: My endorsement of Wolfgang
>         Mueckenheim's wonderful book is purely philosophical. I have no
>         expertise, or interest, in checking any possible technical
>         claims that he may have made.

Have you seen the difference in dates? Can you imagine why he needed
so long to change his mind from purest nonsense to don't really know?
Or could it be just the same reason that is (by purest accident - I
did not see this thread before) treated in Matheology § 204?

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
1/29/13
Read Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/29/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/29/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
Virgil
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David C. Ullrich
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a pseudo-serious non-mathematician
Virgil
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a pseudo-serious non-mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Frederick Williams
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a not so serious non-mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
[...]
Jesse F. Hughes
1/30/13
[...]
quasi
1/30/13
[...]
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious self-confessed non-mathematician?
Virgil
1/31/13
[...]
Read Re: Poor Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious non-mathematician
Virgil
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
quasi
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/30/13
[...]
fom
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Brian Q. Hutchings