Topic: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Replies: 76   Last Post: Feb 1, 2013 6:57 PM

Virgil

Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician

In article
<fc3bfc39-5db7-4d9d-b77a-f9d2045b3dcc@u16g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 30 Jan., 10:27, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <b8ae4596-d84a-4752-bb5a-f5f51a596...@l9g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > It is essentially this:
> > >http://planetmath.org/?op=getobj&from=objects&id=12607

> > Which only shows that while figures do not lie, liars often figure.
> >
> > Such a silly sequence when give two or more such totally different
> > interpretations

> A sequence of numbers in mathematics needs no interpretation at all.

Then why does WM insist on imposing several different interpretations on
the sequence he presented?

> > can be made to have as many limits s interpretations.
>
> In mathematics, the given sequence has one and only one (improper)
> limit. Everything that interprets something else, stand outside of
> mathematics.

Then Wm stands outside mathematics, as he doe exactly that with his
'sequence", giving it multiple interpretations.

> > It also carefully ignores that many, if not most, sequences do not have
> > any limit at all, and the ones claimed are, at best dubious.

> Limits in mathematics have been defined by Cauchy and other great
> mathematicians.

But WM is not using any of Cauchy's definitions of limits with his
sequence, which, according to any Cauchy definition does not converge
at all. There is no uncertainty about that fact.

> > That same swindle has been tried here before and been debunked.

> by matheologians

Who are, by every standard but WM's, mathematicians and by whose own
standards WM is himself no more than a wmytheologist.
--

Date Subject Author
1/29/13
1/29/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
Virgil
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David C. Ullrich
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a pseudo-serious non-mathematician
Virgil
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a pseudo-serious non-mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Frederick Williams
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a not so serious non-mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
[...]
Jesse F. Hughes
1/30/13
[...]
quasi
1/30/13
[...]
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious self-confessed non-mathematician?
Virgil
1/31/13
[...]
Read Re: Poor Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious non-mathematician
Virgil
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
quasi
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/30/13
[...]
fom
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Brian Q. Hutchings