Topic: Input/Output data on/from internet in matlab
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 11:41 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Input/Output data on/from internet in matlab

"Kainat Ali" <kainat.ali21@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So I tried this:
>
> str=urlread('https://www.google.com')
>
> It works fine for this. But when I try this:
>
> str=urlread('https://www.google.com/search?q=[rice]')
>
> It gives me
> ??? Error using ==> urlread at 108
> Error downloading URL.

Does that URL work when you paste it into your browser?

Does a different URL (say http://www.mathworks.com) work?

Have you asked Google for permission to do this type of querying? If you're
querying for many terms over a short period of time, Google may consider you
to be in violation of the terms and services and it may have taken action in
that case:

https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/

"Don't misuse our Services. For example, don't interfere with our Services
or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the
instructions that we provide. You may use our Services only as permitted by
law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations.
We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply
with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
"

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com