Topic: Problem with TreeView(uitree) and UIContextMenu
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 6, 2013 9:46 AM

Yair Altman

Re: Problem with TreeView(uitree) and UIContextMenu

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kee17v$kpf$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Yair Altman" <altmanyDEL@gmailDEL.comDEL> wrote in message
>
> *snip*
>

> > 2. getappdata - this was indeed removed for some inexplicable reason by
> > MathWorks (I believe in R2012a). Use try/catch and/or the object's
> > UserData or some other means of storing your data persistently. Bad, bad,
> > MathWorks!

> Could you clarify what you meant by this, Yair? I have release R2012b open
> and it recognizes GETAPPDATA just fine.
>

> >> version
> ans =
> 8.0.0.783 (R2012b)
>

> >> help getappdata
> getappdata Get value of application-defined data.
> VALUE = getappdata(H, NAME) gets the value of the
> application-defined data with name specified by NAME in the
> object with handle H. If the application-defined data does
> not exist, an empty matrix will be returned in VALUE.
> *snip the rest*
>
> The online documentation also indicates that GETAPPDATA is still present.
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/getappdata.html
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Hi Steve - what I meant was that getappdata has stopped working for pure (un-handled) Java objects within the specific context of a callback function - it continues to work for regular HG handles, and even Java objects outside callbacks. I should probably have made this clear in my post above, so thanks for the chance to clarify.

If this would help get TMW to restore getappdata also for Java objects in callbacks, then all the better. When I first contacted the developers about this, I basically got a shrug... - using getappdata/setappdata this way is apparently not a supported functionality for some reason.

Yair Altman
http://UndocumentedMatlab.com