Topic: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Replies: 76   Last Post: Feb 1, 2013 6:57 PM

Virgil

Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a not so serious non-mathematician

In article
<8d7c949d-4cdb-472e-aeef-8a84e6bb6390@k4g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 31 Jan., 10:49, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <2c0c03e1-d70b-484c-997b-76bd1397d...@h2g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > Why depend on my arguments? ZFC, at least, has been proven
> > > inconsistent, if 2 is not 1.
> > > Remember Hausdorff-Banach-Tarski. There we start from the statement V
> > > = 1 and find after applying some equivalence relations V = 2.

> > I am not aware that the Banach-Tarski model of geometry has ever
> > successfully been imbedded in ZFC.
> >
> > And until WM can establishes that the Banack-Tarski theorem can be
> > stated and proven in ZFC, it poses no problem to ZFC, and even then
> > would pose no problem in ZF.
> >

> > > Thereby it is completely irrelevant whether "unmeasurable point sets"
> > > are involved or not. What counts is simply the first and the second
> > > statement. Therefore ZFC has been proven inconsistent already - at
> > > least for every sober non-matheologian.

> > Meaning only in Wolkenmuekenheim.

> > > I apply the rule that in mathematics identical exercises have to yield
> > > identical results.

> > > In analysis the continued fraction
> > > ((((((10^0)/10)+10^1)/10)+10^2)/10)+...

> > That does not appear to be in the form of a continued fraction at all.

> Is that your only escape? Call it however you like. Every initial
> segment is a fraction - and this is continued without end.

But what makes you think that every sequence of real numbers has limit?

> Imagine I put it as a homework. What is the limit?

When WM can show that (-1)^N for n in |N has a limit, and every other
well defined sequence has a limit, then he may ask again about "the
limit" of ((((((10^0)/10)+10^1)/10)+10^2)/10)+....
--

Date Subject Author
1/29/13
1/29/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
Virgil
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David C. Ullrich
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a pseudo-serious non-mathematician
Virgil
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a pseudo-serious non-mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Frederick Williams
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a not so serious non-mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
[...]
Jesse F. Hughes
1/30/13
[...]
quasi
1/30/13
[...]
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious self-confessed non-mathematician?
Virgil
1/31/13
[...]
Read Re: Poor Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious non-mathematician
Virgil
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
quasi
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/30/13
[...]
fom
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Brian Q. Hutchings