Topic: steady state concetration
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 2, 2013 1:15 AM

Louis Talman

Re: steady state concetration

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 20:05:12 -0700, jeremy <j.witoslawska@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm new in Mathematica and i've a project to do. i've to find at what
> time 90% of the steady state concetration of C is achieved. and soo far
> i have something like that, for 3 different k values:
> With[{k = 0.3}, eqn1s = 0 == k (1/2 - z[t]) (1/3 - z[t])];
> With[{k = 0.6}, eqn2s = 0 == k (1/2 - z[t]) (1/3 - z[t])];
> With[{k = 0.9}, eqn3s = 0 == k (1/2 - z[t]) (1/3 - z[t])];
> Evalute[{eqn1s, eqn2s, eqn3s}]
> NSolve[Evaluate[{eqn1s, eqn2s, eqn3s}], z[t]]
> and what i get in NSolve is supposedly be the steady state, but i don't
> know how to find this 90% and my profesor told me that i could try do
> this with DSolve, but something doesn't work. i hope that someone will
> be able to help me with this.
> Thanks

The purpose of this list isn't that of solving people's homework problems
for them.

If your professor wanted someone to tell you how to work the problem,
don't you think *he* would've told you how to work it?

--Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver