Topic: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases.
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 1, 2013 1:12 AM

Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases.

On 1 Feb, 06:06, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How is fraction 1/3 expressed in base 3, of course in base 10 it do
> have unfinished decimalexpansion.
> But has it really in base 3???
> And this is where number zero gets interesting, because when you use
> zero number 3 is expressed 10 in base 3 right?
> But in a number system without 0 it should *undoubtly* be expressed a
> single 1. And number 6 be 11 number 9 be 12 do you people agree?
> From this also follow that 1/3 in such a number system would be
> expressed .3 do you people agree?
> I could easily adjust my base changer to this, and in this zeroless
> number system 3+1/3 would be expressed 1,1
> 6+1/3 would be expressed 2,1
> Now can you people see any benefits from my new bases without 0. It
> seem that unfinished decimal expansion vanished or?

Ooops of course 9 should be expressed 21 in the zeroless base system.
How does this basesystem make you feel angry, annoying or just
There is something deep profound to all this, if i just could remember
what. I think it has something todo with factoring.

For now i just wants commenting upon the proposed new bases without
zeros good or bad, advantages disadvantages?