Topic: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Replies: 28   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 11:57 PM

JT

Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases

On 1 Feb, 06:49, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

>  unr=0;
>  decimalnumber=twoparts[j];
> while (btwo<decimalnumber){
>  btwo=btwo*bas;
>  bnr++
>  }
> basestring="";
>  while (decimalnumber>0){
>   unr++;
>   set=0;
>          for(i=bas;i>0;i--){
>    st=btwo*i;
>           if (decimalnumber>=st) {
>              decimalnumber=decimalnumber-st;
>     set=1;
>    basestring=basestring+i+",";
>           }
>   }
>  if(set==0 && decimalnumber!=0)basestring=basestring+0+",";
>   btwo=btwo/bas;
>   }
>  while (bnr>=unr){
>   basestring=basestring+0+",";
>   unr++;
>  }
> if (j==0) {radixout=basestring;document.doit.radix.value=radixout;}
> if (j==1) {radixout=basestring;document.doit.fracted.value=radixout;}
>
> }
>
> control=document.doit.radix.value;
> controldec=document.doit.fracted.value;
> show=document.doit.dnumb.value+"=";
> //Control Radix by go back to decimal
> darr = control.split(",");
> decarr = controldec.split(",");
> darr.reverse();
> decarr.reverse();
> total=0;
> totalfrac=0;
> multiple=1
>  for (i=1;i<darr.length;i++){
>   cval=darr[i];
>   cval=cval*multiple;
>   total=total+cval;
>   show=show+"("+multiple+"*"+darr[i]+")+";
>   multiple=bas*multiple;
>   }
> multiple=1
>  for (i=1;i<decarr.length;i++){
>  cval=decarr[i];
>   cval=cval*multiple;
>   totalfrac=totalfrac+cval;
>   show=show+"("+multiple+"*"+decarr[i]+")+";
>   multiple=bas*multiple;
>   }
> totalfull=total+","+totalfrac;
> document.doit.controlout.value=totalfull;
> document.doit.overview.value=show;
>
> }
>
> </SCRIPT>
> <HTML><BODY>
> <FORM NAME=doit onSubmit="anybase(); return false;">
> CHANGE BASE:
> <input type=submit value="GO!"><P>
> DECIMAL VALUE:<TEXTAREA NAME=dnumb COLS=30
> ROWS=1>777777777777,3333333</TEXTAREA><BR>
> BASE:<TEXTAREA NAME=bval COLS=30
> ROWS=1>333</TEXTAREA><BR>
> RADIX OUT:<TEXTAREA NAME=radix COLS=200
> ROWS=1></TEXTAREA><BR>
> FRACTION OUT:<TEXTAREA NAME=fracted COLS=200
> ROWS=1></TEXTAREA><BR>
> BACK TO DECIMAL CONTROL CONVERSION->
> <TEXTAREA NAME=controlout COLS=30
> ROWS=1></TEXTAREA><BR>
>  Radix HOWTO EXPLAIN<TEXTAREA NAME=overview COLS=200

A funny fact to know the infamous AYBABTU from Zerowing game 2101
translates to 64 in base 3.
Base64 is a group of similar encoding schemes that represent binary
data in an ASCII string .... Electronic Mail (PEM) protocol, proposed
by RFC 989 in 1987.

Zerowing itself was presented in the 1989 although Toaplan originated
in the mid 80's.

Date Subject Author
2/1/13
Read 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Frederick Williams
[...]
2/3/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/3/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Virgil
2/3/13