Topic: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Replies: 28   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 11:57 PM

JT

Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases

On 1 Feb, 10:43, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 Feb, 06:31, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Sorry it was late night my head was not clear i try again.
>
> > How is fraction 1/3 expressed in base 3, of course in base 10 it do
> > have unfinished decimalexpansion.
> > But has it really in base 3???

> > And this is where number zero gets interesting, because when you use
> > zero number 3 is expressed 10 in base 3 right?

> > But in a number system without 0 it should *undoubtly* be expressed a
> > single 3.

> > And number 6 be 13 number 9 be 23 do you people agree?
> > From this (may) also follow that 1/3 in such a number system would be
> > expressed .1 do you people agree?
> > And 0.999... would be expressed as 0.3 or.......?

> > I could easily adjust my base changer to this, and in this zeroless
> > number system 3+1/3 would be expressed 3,1
> > 6+1/3 would be expressed 2,1

> I have no idea how this happens of course it should be 13,1 the
> details just slips my mind.
>

> > Now can you people see any benefits from my new bases without 0. It
> > seem that unfinished decimal expansion vanish in certain bases or?

> > How does this basesystem make you feel angry, annoying or just
> > uninteresting?

> > Is there something deep profound to all this, if i just could
> > remember
> > what. I think it has something todo with factoring.

> > For now i just wants commenting upon the proposed new bases without
> > zeros good or bad, advantages disadvantages?

> > Would you like me make a version of my base changer where 1/3 do not
> > have unfinished decimal expansion and all bases expressed without
> > zeroes?

Could i please have a comment upon the benefits or drawbacks of this
number system, is it consistent?
Any comment would be nice, i think it fully compatible backward
forward with the STANDARD BASES using zero however this have the
benefits of closed digit expansions for values as 1/3, is there
benefits with this?

Date Subject Author
2/1/13
Read 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Frederick Williams
[...]
2/3/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/3/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Virgil
2/3/13