Topic: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Replies: 28   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 11:57 PM

JT

Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases

On 1 Feb, 10:47, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 Feb, 10:43, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 1 Feb, 06:31, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Sorry it was late night my head was not clear i try again.
>
> > > How is fraction 1/3 expressed in base 3, of course in base 10 it do
> > > have unfinished decimalexpansion.
> > > But has it really in base 3???

> > > And this is where number zero gets interesting, because when you use
> > > zero number 3 is expressed 10 in base 3 right?

> > > But in a number system without 0 it should *undoubtly* be expressed a
> > > single 3.

> > > And number 6 be 13 number 9 be 23 do you people agree?
> > > From this (may) also follow that 1/3 in such a number system would be
> > > expressed .1 do you people agree?
> > > And 0.999... would be expressed as 0.3 or.......?

> > > I could easily adjust my base changer to this, and in this zeroless
> > > number system 3+1/3 would be expressed 3,1
> > > 6+1/3 would be expressed 2,1

> > I have no idea how this happens of course it should be 13,1 the
> > details just slips my mind.

> > > Now can you people see any benefits from my new bases without 0. It
> > > seem that unfinished decimal expansion vanish in certain bases or?

> > > How does this basesystem make you feel angry, annoying or just
> > > uninteresting?

> > > Is there something deep profound to all this, if i just could
> > > remember
> > > what. I think it has something todo with factoring.

> > > For now i just wants commenting upon the proposed new bases without
> > > zeros good or bad, advantages disadvantages?

> > > Would you like me make a version of my base changer where 1/3 do not
> > > have unfinished decimal expansion and all bases expressed without
> > > zeroes?

> Could i please have a comment upon the benefits or drawbacks of this
> number system, is it consistent?
> Any comment would be nice, i think it fully compatible backward
> forward with the STANDARD BASES using zero however this have the
> benefits of closed digit expansions for values as 1/3, is there
> benefits with this?

Do you understand the configuration of the numbersystem i propose?
I can recode my JS to use my new encoding bases without zero within a
day or two, require some thoughts how to change the recursive algos.
And then we can check if it fully compatible with standard bases,
which i think it is. But it will take some learning time for the mind
adjust to read out numbers when not used to it, and it maybe so it
better suited to machines then humans.

Date Subject Author
2/1/13
Read 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Frederick Williams
[...]
2/3/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/3/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Virgil
2/3/13