Topic: Calculating matrix permanent
Replies: 9   Last Post: Feb 4, 2013 4:29 PM

J.B. Wood

Re: Calculating matrix permanent

On 01/26/2013 11:09 AM, Mike Terry wrote:

> I'd never heard of the permanent before, but checking Wickipedia it seems
> it's defined just like the determinant, but with all plus signs. So in your
> example:

<snip>

Hello, and that's the problem with folks who rely solely on Wiki for
info. Someone invents a term that's not in common usage or in
peer-reviewed papers or textbooks, posts it on Wiki, and everyone thinks
it's been around since the time of Greek mathematicians. Sometimes you
just gotta get up off your butt and go to the public/university library
or dust off one of your college math textbooks (assuming you kept them).
Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com