Topic: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a metric space
Replies: 26   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 11:06 AM

fom

Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space

On 2/1/2013 2:32 PM, fom wrote:

<snip>

Given the attempted care to
detail, the following correction
is probably in order.

> To call a subset of a complete space a dense
> subset is to say that such a logical type
> construction could be made from that subset
> to recover the original space.

... to recover an isomorphic copy of the
orginal space.

> The "closeness"
> of a dense subset to its defining space is
> expressed by the fact that it has non-empty
> intersection with every open set of the
> topology.
>
> I think I got all of that right. But, there
> are far more knowledgeable topologists
> in this forum.

Date Subject Author
2/1/13
Read looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a metric space
Achimota
2/1/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space
Paul
2/1/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space
Paul
2/1/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space
fom
2/1/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space
fom
2/2/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a metric space
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2/3/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space
fom
2/3/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a metric space
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2/2/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space
Achimota
2/2/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space
Butch Malahide
2/2/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a metric space
quasi
2/2/13
[...]
J. Antonio Perez M.
2/1/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space
William Hughes
2/2/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space
J. Antonio Perez M.
2/1/13
Read Re: looking for example of closed set that is *not* complete in a
metric space
Butch Malahide
2/1/13
Read closed but not complete