Topic: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Replies: 76   Last Post: Feb 1, 2013 6:57 PM

Virgil

Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician

In article
<fb7cff30-a3d7-4b9d-919c-b2c12c05dddb@h2g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> My question:
> How can we distinguish between that infinite binary tree that contains
> only all finite initial segments of the infinite paths and the
> complete infinite binary tree that in addition also contains all
> infinite paths?

The difference is that the one without all its infinite paths can only
exists in Wolkenmuekenheim

In any binary tree, every node is in a finite initial sequence of some
path, so once one has all finite initial sequences, one has all nodes.

And once one has all nodes, one also has all sets of nodes including of
those uncountably many sets of nodes called paths, even if WM denies it.

WhaT WM claims in his WMytheological dreamland , is to allow an infinite
set of nodes but only allow finite subsets of it, but outside of his
WMytheology, things do not work like that.

Outside of WMytheology, if we can have all members of a set, we can also
have all subsets of that set, even if that set and some of its subsets
are actua lly infinite.

So WM's choice is either no infinite sets at all, including no Complete
Infinite Binary Tree at all, or the standard Complete Infinite Binary
Tree with its actually uncountably many paths.

WM is trying to straddle a fence that is not there to be straddled.
--

Date Subject Author
1/29/13
1/29/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
Virgil
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David C. Ullrich
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a pseudo-serious non-mathematician
Virgil
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a pseudo-serious non-mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Frederick Williams
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a not so serious non-mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
[...]
Jesse F. Hughes
1/30/13
[...]
quasi
1/30/13
[...]
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious self-confessed non-mathematician?
Virgil
1/31/13
[...]
Read Re: Poor Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious non-mathematician
Virgil
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
quasi
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/30/13
[...]
fom
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Brian Q. Hutchings