Topic: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
Replies: 15   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 5:58 PM

William Elliot

Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a
line

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013, Ross A. Finlayson wrote:

> Decided to start a program. An outline of my program follows.
>
> A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
>
> The continuum of numbers is a primary feature of mathematics. Logic
> establishes structures modeling the numbers as abstract things. Most
> simple concepts of symmetry and conservation establish numerical
> constructs and identities. Points in a line are built from first and
> philosophic principles of a logic, and a geometry of points and
> space. Their continuity is established. Fundamental results of real
> analysis are established on this line as of the continuum of real
> numbers. Identities are established for certain fundamental
> properties of real numbers in a line in the geometry.
>

> An axiomless system of natural deduction
> Conservation and symmetry in primary objects
> Categoricity of a general theory
> Geometry
> Number theory, analysis, and probability
> Sets, partitions, types, and categories
> A natural continuum from first principles
> The continuum in abstract
> A continuum of integers
> The establishment of a space of points from a continuum
> Drawing of a line in the space of points
> The polydimensional in space
> Features of N
> The infinite in the natural continuum
> EF as CDF, the natural integers uniformly

What does that last line all mean?

> Features of R
> Points as polydimensional
> Results in the polydimensional
> Continuity in the real numbers
> Reductio of points in space
> Topological counterparts of the open and closed
> Fundamental results of real analysis
> The complete ordered field in the space of points
> Fundamental theorems of integral calculus
> Apologetics
> Infinitesimals and infinities
> Rational numbers and exhaustion
> The continuum as countable
> Reflection on the drawing of the line as countable
> Cantor's argument and counterexamples
> A constructive interpretation of uncountable
> A retrofit of measure theory
> Applications
> Applications in geometry
> Applications in probability
> Applications in physics

Date Subject Author
2/1/13
Read Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a
line
William Elliot
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a
line
William Elliot
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
Graham Cooper
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
Graham Cooper
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
FredJeffries@gmail.com
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
Graham Cooper
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
Graham Cooper
2/15/13