Topic: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
Replies: 15   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 5:58 PM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line

On Feb 1, 8:37 pm, William Elliot <ma...@panix.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Feb 2013, Ross A. Finlayson wrote:
> > Decided to start a program.  An outline of my program follows.
>
> > A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
>
> > The continuum of numbers is a primary feature of mathematics.   Logic
> > establishes structures modeling the numbers as abstract things.  Most
> > simple concepts of symmetry and conservation establish numerical
> > constructs and identities.  Points in a line are built from first and
> > philosophic principles of a logic, and a geometry of points and
> > space.  Their continuity is established.  Fundamental results of real
> > analysis are established on this line as of the continuum of real
> > numbers.  Identities are established for certain fundamental
> > properties of real numbers in a line in the geometry.

> > An axiomless system of natural deduction
> >    Conservation and symmetry in primary objects
> >    Categoricity of a general theory
> >            Geometry
> >            Number theory, analysis, and probability
> >            Sets, partitions, types, and categories
> > A natural continuum from first principles
> >    The continuum in abstract
> >    A continuum of integers
> >    The establishment of a space of points from a continuum
> >    Drawing of a line in the space of points
> >    The polydimensional in space
> > Features of N
> >    The infinite in the natural continuum
> >    EF as CDF, the natural integers uniformly

> What does that last line all mean?
>

> > Features of R
> >    Points as polydimensional
> >    Results in the polydimensional
> > Continuity in the real numbers
> >    Reductio of points in space
> >    Topological counterparts of the open and closed
> > Fundamental results of real analysis
> >    The complete ordered field in the space of points
> >    Fundamental theorems of integral calculus
> > Apologetics
> >    Infinitesimals and infinities
> >    Rational numbers and exhaustion
> >    The continuum as countable
> >            Reflection on the drawing of the line as countable
> >            Cantor's argument and counterexamples
> >            A constructive interpretation of uncountable
> >    A retrofit of measure theory
> > Applications
> >    Applications in geometry
> >    Applications in probability
> >    Applications in physics

The notion of selecting among discrete items at uniform random is
among the most reasonable of assumptions of blind selection among
items, that each is as likely as the other. In the finite case, this
is well known as fair coin tosses or dice rolls, in Bernoulli and to
Poisson. In the infinite, the notion of selecting among the natural
integers at uniform random would have particular features of the
probability mass function describing the distribution of the natural
integers at uniform random. The function from natural integers to
points in a line called EF has particular features that would make it
at once a cumulative distribution function, over its support space of
the natural integers, and in its constant monotonicity, over constant
differences, that of a uniform distribution.

Regards,

Ross Finlayson

Date Subject Author
2/1/13
Read Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a
line
William Elliot
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a
line
William Elliot
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
Graham Cooper
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
Graham Cooper
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
FredJeffries@gmail.com
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
Graham Cooper
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/2/13
Read Re: Outline: A Program to establish the continuity of points in a line
Graham Cooper
2/15/13