Topic: My amateurview of math.
Replies: 27   Last Post: Feb 10, 2013 2:56 AM

JT

Re: My amateurview of math.

On 1 Feb, 14:33, Frederick Williams <freddywilli...@btinternet.com>
wrote:
> JT wrote:
>

> > To me it seem that the naturals are discrete in nature and that zero
> > really not a natural number or even a number. Regarding infinity we
> > can not have a view of something where we do not have a full set
> > handwaving shouting infinity really do not help.

> Zero is a natural number by definition.
>
> --
> When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by
> this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
> Jonathan Swift: Thoughts on Various Subjects, Moral and Diverting

Bananas is yellow and have a magnitude, Zero is invisible and have
none. Definitions, postulate and axioms is the poor mans substitute
for logic.
Thus i think you had to many bananas, you can postulate anything, make
false axioms, dream up negative elephants in the bathroom claim they
are definitions.
I do not care, they do not follow by logic.