Topic: My amateurview of math.
Replies: 27   Last Post: Feb 10, 2013 2:56 AM

JT

Re: My amateurview of math.

On 3 Feb, 01:48, "porky_pig...@my-deja.com" <porky_pig...@my-deja.com>
wrote:
> On Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:23:14 PM UTC-5, JT wrote:
> > To me it seem that the naturals are discrete in nature and that zero
>
> > really not a natural number or even a number. Regarding infinity we
>
> > can not have a view of something where we do not have a full set
>
> > handwaving shouting infinity really do not help.
>
> > For me each natural must be a continuum fractions is just a way to
>
> > partition a discrete natural number.
>
> > When we partition a single discrete entity of the naturals one realise
>
> > that infinity is just the limit expressed.
>
> > The numberline is just a figment of imagination, where we imagine
>
> > discrete entities lined up.
>
> > We can take a cut anywhere to represent 7 so the set is a much better
>
> > analogy to magnitudes then the numberline.
>
> > Well just my few thoughts around numbers.
>
> Yes, being an amateur is tough. We feel your pain.

And i feel yours, you can not factor primeproducts, have a hard time
with the time complexity of TSP , and do not understand what numbers
are. You playing with imaginary entities in your equations that must
be real hard.