Topic: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Replies: 28   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 11:57 PM

JT

Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases

On 2 Feb, 13:45, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 Feb, 13:40, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > As everyone knows cool cats where shades, and it prevents them from
> > > get full of holes, NyaN completed.

> > Did you know that Nya N means New N in swedish?
>
> 27,28,29 anal exams, i have no idea if you passed.

Fixed prezeros for the fractional digit parts, now to new Naturals
conversion.

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>TEST</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252">
<SCRIPT language=Javascript>
function anybase() {

fullnumber=document.doit.dnumb.value;
twoparts = fullnumber.split(",");
bas=document.doit.bval.value;

for(j=0;j<2;j++){
btwo=1;
bnr=0;
unr=0;
empty=0;
decimalnumber=twoparts[j];

k=0;
emtpy=0;
basestring="";
while(decimalnumber[k]==0){
empty++;
k++;
}
basestring=empty+",";

while (btwo<decimalnumber){
btwo=btwo*bas;
bnr++
}

while (decimalnumber>0){
unr++;
set=0;
for(i=bas;i>0;i--){
st=btwo*i;
if (decimalnumber>=st) {
decimalnumber=decimalnumber-st;
set=1;
basestring=basestring+i+",";
}
}
if(set==0 && decimalnumber!=0)basestring=basestring+0+",";
btwo=btwo/bas;
}
while (bnr>=unr){
basestring=basestring+0+",";
unr++;
}

if (j==0) {radixout=basestring; document.doit.radix.value=radixout;}
if (j==1) {radixout=basestring;
document.doit.fracted.value=radixout;}
}

control=document.doit.radix.value;
controldec=document.doit.fracted.value;
show=document.doit.dnumb.value+"=";
//Control Radix by go back to decimal
darr = control.split(",");
decarr = controldec.split(",");
prezero="";
prezero=decarr[0];
document.doit.trash.value=prezero;

darr.reverse();
decarr.reverse();

total=0;
totalfrac=0;
multiple=1
for (i=1;i<darr.length;i++){
cval=darr[i];
cval=cval*multiple;
total=total+cval;
show=show+"("+multiple+"*"+darr[i]+")+";
multiple=bas*multiple;
}
pre="";
for (i=0;i<prezero;i++){
pre="0"+pre;
}
multiple=1
for (i=1;i<decarr.length-1;i++){
cval=decarr[i];
cval=cval*multiple;
totalfrac=totalfrac+cval;
show=show+"("+multiple+"*"+decarr[i]+")+";
multiple=bas*multiple;
}
totalfrac=pre+totalfrac;
totalfull=total+","+totalfrac;
document.doit.controlout.value=totalfull;
document.doit.overview.value=show;
}

</SCRIPT>
<HTML><BODY>
<FORM NAME=doit onSubmit="anybase(); return false;">
CHANGE BASE:
<input type=submit value="GO!"><P>
DECIMAL VALUE:<TEXTAREA NAME=dnumb COLS=30
ROWS=1>777777777777,3333333</TEXTAREA><BR>
BASE:<TEXTAREA NAME=bval COLS=30
ROWS=1>333</TEXTAREA><BR>
First Digit in Radix and Fraction tells proceeding 0's not that
important for N but for fractional digit part.<BR>
RADIX OUT:<TEXTAREA NAME=radix COLS=200
ROWS=1></TEXTAREA><BR>
FRACTION OUT:<TEXTAREA NAME=fracted COLS=200
ROWS=1></TEXTAREA><BR>

BACK TO DECIMAL CONTROL CONVERSION->
<TEXTAREA NAME=controlout COLS=30
ROWS=1></TEXTAREA><BR>
Radix HOWTO EXPLAIN<TEXTAREA NAME=overview COLS=200
ROWS=1></TEXTAREA><BR>
(Programmers)TRASHCAN<TEXTAREA NAME=trash COLS=200
ROWS=1></TEXTAREA><BR>
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Date Subject Author
2/1/13
Read 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Frederick Williams
[...]
2/3/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/3/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Virgil
2/3/13