Topic: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Replies: 29   Last Post: Feb 7, 2013 5:59 PM

Bruno Luong

Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kelu2o$7qj$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 2/3/2013 3:59 AM, Bruno Luong wrote:
>

> > % NOTE: textscan is NOT buggy when understand how it works
> >

> Then why is it behaving differently between 12a and 12b as far as Stan
> and I can tell????

Since when behave differently is buggy? SUM() function gives different results when it goes to multi-thread, yet no one consider it as buggy as far as I can tell.

>Which release/platform do you have installed?

I have 2012a at work and 2012b at home. At work I tell my team not to upgrade to 2012b.

> And, parsing by reading the whole thing as a glob then sub-selecting
> fixed columns sorta' defeats the whole point, anyways...altho it's
> another example of where Fortran-like fixed field FORMAT is superior for
> such cases to the C sscanf() and friends.

It's perfectly fine if you don't like the function because it does work like you expect dpb. But (we are not going over it again) I'm still waiting for an evidence of the so called bug (to me, i.e., a behavior different than what the doc describes).

Bruno

Date Subject Author
1/31/13
Read Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
1/31/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/1/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/1/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/1/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/3/13
[...]
2/4/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Bruno Luong
2/4/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/4/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/5/13
[...]
2/7/13