Topic: Mathematica and Lisp
Replies: 83   Last Post: Mar 5, 2013 10:12 PM

Matthias Bode

Re: Mathematica and Lisp

Hola:

The fact that WRI does not even "recommend the use of the Product" in instances where it could "threaten" ... "injury, or significant loss" does indeed constitute a most serious limitation to "the Product's" usefulness.

Best regards,

MATTHIAS BODE (User since version 2.)S 17.36398=B0, W 66.21816=B0,2'590m. AMSL.

> From: fateman@cs.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: Mathematica and Lisp
> To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
> Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 02:46:43 -0500
>
> On 2/1/2013 10:15 PM, danl@wolfram.com wrote:
> <snip>
>

> > http://www.wolfram.com/legal/agreements/wolfram-mathematica.html
> >
> > I believe somewhere the documentation recommends against use for certain types of
> >life-safety applications involving real-time computation.
> >That's not the same thing as designing a bridge, or a jet plane,
> >or landing control software, or medical devices, or drugs, or...
> >

> Thanks for the pointer to the right page. If you read it says,under
> Limited Warranty and Disclaimer
>
> "WRI does not recommend the use of the Product for applications in which
> errors and/or omissions could threaten life, injury, or significant loss. "
>
> My comment was, in any case, facetious. Software vendors typically
> make such disclaimers, though their legal relevance is perhaps
> questionable if a dispute arises. I am not a lawyer though.
>
> RJF

Date Subject Author
1/11/13
Read Mathematica and Lisp
amzoti
1/12/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/12/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
1/14/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/14/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
1/16/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/18/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
1/22/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/22/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
1/24/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/25/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/26/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Murray Eisenberg
1/26/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Murray Eisenberg
1/26/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
W. Craig Carter
1/16/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Murray Eisenberg
1/16/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
1/16/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
1/18/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Murray Eisenberg
1/31/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Noqsi
2/2/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Daniel Lichtblau
2/3/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
2/2/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
2/3/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
2/5/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
2/6/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
2/6/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
2/3/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Andrzej Kozlowski
2/5/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Richard Fateman
2/6/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
David Bailey
2/8/13
Read Palette problem with Feynman slash notation
Dave Snead
2/5/13
Read Re: Mathematica and Lisp
Bill Rowe