Topic: Matrix is singular and is not supposed to be.
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 5, 2013 10:34 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Matrix is singular and is not supposed to be.

"Hugo " <hugolopessilva@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I am trying to obtain deflection results on a beam made with shell
> elements
> I wrote a MATLAB code. The problem is that kk is a matrix with 3000*3000
> full of zeros (it´s a singular matrix), and it is not supposed to be.
> The code runs well until I call the function feasmbl1.m, which is shown
> next

No one will be able to debug this without your data. That means that you're
going to have to be the one to step through your code (ideally on a SMALLER
problem, one that you can work out on paper) to determine why it doesn't
return the results you expect (or determine why your expectations are

I will suggest that you may want to use the ACCUMARRAY or SPARSE functions
to perform your accumulation instead of building your own function.

Steve Lord