Topic: Godels theorems end in paradox
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 11:41 PM

fom

Re: Godels theorems end in paradox

On 2/3/2013 11:31 AM, christian.bau wrote:
> On Feb 3, 3:09 pm, Aatu Koskensilta <aatu.koskensi...@uta.fi> wrote:
>

>> As an account of the first incompleteness theorem this is of course a
>> huge improvement over Australia's leading erotic poet's attempt, but
>> taken literally -- and when it comes to these matters we should strive
>> to say things that are, literally speaking, true and accurate -- it is
>> more or less nonsense nevertheless.

> Please explain. What I wrote is of course the starting point only, but
> it is completely accurate.

Make a simple generalization.... get criticized

Make every effort to be rigorous and precise.... get criticized

Aatu is usually forthright. Hope he gives you some
clarification.

I don't know about "completely accurate," however. Even
the Wikipedia page is very careful about how they explain
the theorems.