Topic: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Replies: 29   Last Post: Feb 7, 2013 5:59 PM

Bruno Luong

Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kem3f8$psl$1@speranza.aioe.org>...

> As far as this thing about documentation; I defy you to find a reading
> of the documentation that is supplied that indicates that the format
> string Stan used should behave as it does in R2012a.

I just have a little bit of time to take the textscan with Stan's example in 2012A, and indeed the difficulty is clearly due to parsing the "+-" just after a number ("...number+-...").

Don't forget that MATLAB supposes to able to parse complex number such as "1+1i" as well, so the "+-" does not facilitate the parser. The presence of "--" is also not very nice.

So OK it doesn't handle that case well as it supposes, I admit it's a bug.

But Stan shouldn't be proud to create such nasty string at first.

Bruno

Date Subject Author
1/31/13
Read Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
1/31/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/1/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/1/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/1/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Stan
2/2/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/3/13
[...]
2/4/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
Bruno Luong
2/4/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/4/13
Read Re: Extract numbers from table containing text and numbers
dpb
2/5/13
[...]
2/7/13