Topic: Matheology § 203
Replies: 11   Last Post: Feb 5, 2013 4:58 PM

fom

Re: Matheology § 203

On 2/4/2013 8:48 AM, WM wrote:
> On 4 Feb., 15:46, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
>

>> There is in fact an unsolved question: We cannot name all natural
>> numbers between 1 and 10^10^100, as we cannot read 123123123123 from a
>> usual pocket calculator, but we can add them, their squares, their
>> cubes and so on. I find this surprising, as surprising as the fact
>> that it is dark at night

> when having no information about the expansion of the universe.

Cute.

I read that argument for the finiteness of the
universe in a child's book.

In an infinite universe, it is logically difficult
to explain why there is eventually no source of
light along every line of sight.

The actual construction of the argument escapes
my memory, however.